Between harsh weather, road construction, aggressive drivers, and electronic device distractions — travel can be a daily struggle with more hazards than we often consider. We deal with all kinds of auto accidents, and have found that one thread connects them all; even a moment of negligence while driving can cause a disastrous accident. With over 70 years of combined legal experience, here are some safe driving tips from our practiced attorneys:
- Pay attention — this sounds simple, but most accidents occur because of a momentary lapse of concentration
- Don’t speed — even a few MPH over the posted speed limits pose an exponentially higher risk for accidents (and tickets)
- Stop using your digital devices — distractions accounted for over a half-million car accidents in 2008, and texting and driving is now illegal in both PA and NJ
- Don’t drive when sleepy or after drinking alcohol — just a minor reaction time impairment can have major, life changing consequences
- Keep your vehicle maintained — a quick check-up on the tires, brakes, and engine are free at many major car care businesses, and can save time, hassle, and injury down the road
While we hope you never have to deal with the injuries, insurance complications, or mental anguish associated with a car accident, it is important to have a resource that understands and can help in the event of an accident. Contact us — as our attorneys have serious expertise in accident law and we offer free consultation to discuss all areas surrounding your situation.